Thursday 31 December 2009

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Publisher: MacMillan Australia
Pub.Date: July 7th 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Format: Paperback
Source Of Copy: from the publisher - MacMillan Aus

Things have changed for Ever since she met her beloved Damen - not least because she's got a whole new set of powers, courtesy of her new Immortal status. Just as she's getting stronger, though, Damen seems to be weakening. Panicked at the thought of losing him, Ever finds a path to the in-between world known as Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen's tortured past. But in searching for a cure for him, Ever accidentally discovers a way to twist time so she can save her family from the accident that killed them. It's all she's ever wanted - but so is Damen. And Ever must choose between them...


Second book of The Immortals series, Blue Moon is, in my opinion, a better and more exciting read than Evermore. The journey continues with more suspense, action and an ultimate choice to make that might change everything.

A lot of things that happen in this book, at least much more than the first one. Drama? Check. Romance? Check. Action? Check. There are new characters, some twists and stuff in the past that all readers will love to learn.

I like the fact that Ever has become stronger and can deal with stuff on her own rather than depending on Damen all the time. Actually, it is her own fight during this book. Although she makes the wrong choices, trust ones she shouldn't trust, something does show her heroic side here in Blue Moon. I also fine the villain quite fun. Oh and did I mention that I like the legend about the blue moon? It comes in quite smooth and marches perfectly with the title.

Among a few things I don't dig in this book is that Ever is still so meek sometimes, specifically the moments she's jealous that Damen is into someone else. I think I've read enough of that in Evermore. There are not much development in other characters either, especially Ever's best friends.

The ending, though, is very nice. I didn't see that coming. It turns everything around and sets great base for the next books.

Love Evermore? You may love it even more.

Rating: 3.5/5

2 comments:

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Nice review! I had the same feelings with Blue Moon. It still didn't make me completely fall in love with the series, but for some reason I can't stop reading them, lol

debbie said...

I'll read this one for sure...but you have to give me Evermore to read first