Sunday 28 June 2009

Sunday Special (22) A Little Sneak Peek Of 2010

Well I know that we've just gone through the first half of 2009 but some of the books which will be published in 2010 have already won our hearts. Here are some which make me really really excited about next year.



The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard.

Seventeen-year-old Colt has been sneaking out at night to meet Julia, a girl from an upper-class neighborhood unlike his own. They've never told anyone else about their relationship: not their family or friends, and especially not Julia's boyfriend. When Julia dies suddenly, Colt tries to cope with her death while pretending that he never even knew her. He finds a journal she left behind. But he is not prepared for the truths he discovers about their intense relationship, nor to pay the price for the secrets he's kept.


Somehow I really like secret relationship, it's kind of thrilling you know. But this one seems to have more than just that, a lot of drama and the likes. I wonder what she's written in that journal, it's going to be scandalous perhaps.


Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder.

Restless souls and empty hearts

Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.


Same concept with Lisa's debut book I Heart You You Haunt Me yet Chasing Brooklyn is more intense and more interesting than the other because two people are haunted. Do you think there's a chance of the two falling in love with each other? I hope so and I hope the book is long because last time IHYYHM ended to so fast for me :(


A Match Made In Highschool by Kristin Walker.

When a mandatory course forces Fiona to “try the knot” with super-jock Todd Harding, she’s convinced life could not possibly get any worse. Until moments later, when her long-time crush is paired with her arch-enemy (otherwise known as Todd’s obscenely hot, slightly sadistic girlfriend). But that’s nothing compared to her best friend’s fate – a year with the very shy, very goofy, very big Johnny Mercer.


A series of hilarious pranks and misunderstandings leave Fiona wondering: is there something her supposed “best friend” hasn’t told her? Could there be more to Johnny Mercer than a deep voice and an awesome music collection? And perhaps most intriguing of all, is it possible that Todd Harding could actually have a heart – and a brain – beneath his pretty-boy exterior?

I love match making, it reminds me of my precious middle school years. This book sounds nothing but awesome. I expect a lot from it and according to some bloggers who have got ARCs, it's really lovable. And look at the cover, who cannot love it?


Undead Much by Stacey Jay.

Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues...

A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.

Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…

Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.

I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted.

I've never a fan of zombies. They're creepy to me >< And I've never read You're So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay either. Still, for some reason I cannot wait for this book to come out. It sounds fun, and crazy in a brilliant way. I swear to check the series out as soon as possible.


Sing Me To Sleep by Angela Morrison.

Beth, an ugly duckling singer, gets a massive makeover when she ousts the soloist in her competitive girls' choir. Beth's great performance lands the choir a place in the Choral Olympics where, Derek, a mysterious star of a neighboring boys' choir, sweeps her off her feet. She gets home to find the sweet boy who has always been her friend now wants to be more than that. Beth is committed to Derek, but she's torn. He's hiding something scary, and she can't get behind his perfect facade.

This book is inspired by Angela's daughter and because I love Taken By Storm, I hope to love this one too. I like music and I like sad books so it must be everything I need from a read.




Apart from these, there're also a few books that I have set my eyes on like Indigo Blues, The Naughty List, Fixing Deliah, By The Time You Read This I'll Be Dead ect. So what about you? What do you think of the books above? Anything you love that will come out in 2010? SHARE!

8 comments:

Diana Dang said...

I can't wait for the new releases!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Great post! Some of the books I haven't heard of yet. I really want to read the Secret Year and The Naughty List. I still haven't started the first book by Stacey Jay, but I have it in my TBR pile.

Amber

Bookworm said...

2010 is going to be great...

debbie said...

those books above sound amazing ! i want to read the secret year and chasing brooklyn !! hehe !! mysterious again !! yay amber !! haha

a flight of minds said...

The Secret Year and Chasing Brooklyn sound so good. And so does A Match Made In Heaven. I can't wait for 2010!

- Alex

Anonymous said...

Those look really interesting! :D I'm already excited for 2010, too, but I'm not worried; we'll be there before we realize it!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to The Secret Year and several others. 2010 looks like a promising year!

Lisa Schroeder said...

High five Thao - thanks for putting my book in this post!! I'm glad someone is excited to read it. And yes, it's much longer than I HEART YOU. :)