Wednesday 19 August 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (27)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine.

Sleepless by Cyn Balog.

Eron DeMarchelle spent seventeen years on earth before his death in 1908. Now, he’s part of another world that invisibly coexists with earth. He is what humans call in their bedtime stories a “Sandman,” and his only purpose is to seduce them to sleep night after night. This dull, meaningless existence wears on him until he falls for the one girl he cannot seduce, a human named Julia. He conspires with his oldest friend, the princess Chimere, to find a way to be with the object of his affection forever. But even the most carefully made plans sometimes have unexpected consequences . . .



Sleepless drives me crazy because:
1. It's written by Cyn Balog and although I wasn't lucky enough to get my hands on Fairy Tale, I heard nothing but compliments on it so another book from the great author? Definitely something I have to watch out for.
2. I like the idea of the sandman. Seducing people to sleep night after night sounds kinda purposeless and silly but it's still compelling don't you think? It's dark and hawt.
3. Forbidden romance. Who doesn't love forbidden romance?


Get some sleep cause you'll be sleepless in spring 2010.

3 comments:

Test said...

This book looks sooo good and I totally agree with your comment about forbidden romances. :) Also, you'll have to get a copy of Fairy Tale somehow, it really is a fantastic read.

Briana said...

I love your new layout! That looks like a really good book :)

-Briana

a flight of minds said...

I like that Sleepless is about the sandman too! Interesting and different. Loving your new layout! The header is beautiful. :)

- Alex