Friday 10 September 2010

Mini review: Frenemies & Fakestatic by Alexa Young


Publisher:
HarperTeen
Pub.Date: May 1st 2008, January 1st 2009
Age Range: young adult
Pages: 304, 256
Format: paperback
Source Of Copy: from the author - Alexa Young

Best friends Avalon Greene and Halley Brandon have big plans for eighth grade. Not only are they coediting their school's fashion blog, but the celebration of their forever friendship is sure to be the blowout party of the year. But when the girls begin to disagreee about . . . well, everything, these two besties turn into full-blown worsties.

Halley and Avalon are reunited, and it feels so good. Or does it? As they begin weaving a tangled web of deception (with the best of intentions, of course), they discover just how hard it is to fake your way through anything—especially friendship.




The story is all about a love - hate relationship between two best friends. Halley comes back from camp and suddenly the 'sisters' don't find each other as close as before. Conflicts, backstabbing, revenge, everything is to ruin the friendship that they've had for years.

I think Alexa Young's writing is really enjoyable. Something about it sounds witty and fun and light hearted and I especially adore the fashion advice column that Snark A & Snark B took turn to run. I'm totally clueless about fashion but to me it's still real interesting to read. As for the plot, it is okay. Things like that probably happen all the time but sometimes I just wish that the two girls would stop hurting/using each other. They seem great together and all the things they are fighting over are not worth it.

Bottom line: If you like books like Gossip Girl or freniemes series, you definitely should check it out.

Rating: 3/5


3 comments:

debbie said...

I like Gossip Girl to an extent. Maybe I should read it. Is there a book three for this series?

Annie. said...

I read a bit of Frenemies, didn't like the storyline much. Thanks for the review, sweetie.

kaylie said...

Don't think I'll like it but I'll try if I have time.