Wednesday 17 June 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (20)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

Scones and Sensibilities by Lindsay Eland.

Polly Madassa is convinced she was born for a more romantic time. A time when Elizabeth Bennet and Anne of Green Gables walked along the moors and beaches of the beautiful, wild land. A time when a distinguished gentleman called upon a lady of quality, and true love was born in the locked eyes of two young lovers.

But alas, she was not.

This however does not stop our young heroine from finding romance wherever she can conjure it up. So while Polly is burdened with the summer job of delivering baked goods from her parents bakery (how delightfully quaint!) to the people in her small beach town, she finds a way to force...um...encourage romance to blossom. She is determined to bring lovers, young and old, together...whether they want to be or not.


Reasons why this book rocks:

-1. The title got something to do with a classic book I kinda love - Senses and Sensibilities Sense and Sensibility (thanks for pointing out, robin_titan). Don't you just love how it sounds? Prada and Prejudice now Scones and Sensibilities.
-2. I love love romance. Especially things that deal with cakes and stuff.
-3. I just know of Lindsay Eland and I want to check her writting out.


Want something hot to eat on a freezing day like December 22nd? Get some scones from this lovely novel.

7 comments:

Kay Cassidy said...

I heart SCONES!! I just started reading this today and it is twelve kinds of charming. You're going to love it, Thao!

Khy said...

I want this one too. It looks AWESOME.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

It does look really really cute. I want to read it!!!

-Lauren

prophecygirl said...

This one sounds really fun! :)

Unknown said...

i'm sorry hun, but it's sense and sensibility. :D I love that book too but I love Pride and Prejudice more..that darcy hehe

Steph Su said...

Hmm, I haven't heard of this book, and S&S wasn't one of my Austen faves, but I'll keep an eye out for this one. I do love Austen, in most forms! :)

Bookworm said...

I love that title too!!! And I'm dying to read this one, it looks so cute.