Tuesday 3 March 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (7)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

Five Minutes More by Darlene Ryan

“I play the Five Minutes More game. Five minutes. I can stand anything for five minutes. Even my father being dead.”

D’Arcy’s desperately wants her father’s death to have been an accident. Then she learns the truth. Why would her father choose suicide? Why didn’t she see the signs? How will she manage alone? Then D’Arcy becomes friends with Seth. Now will things get back to normal or will she have to call on strengths she didn’t know she had to make a new kind of normal, five minutes at a time?


The title reminds me of my lousy procrastination, always "just five minutes more", but the plot was nothing something I expected. It sounded much more serious and sad. Not a child's suicide, not a mother's, but a father's? Besides, The Five Minute game seemed strange and I love strange things. Hopefully this book will be a good read.

People who's interested won't have to wait too long. April 1 - one month to come.


p.s sorry to do this on tuesday, I have to post a review for The Book Review Club tomorrow and definitely don't want double entries : |

2 comments:

prophecygirl said...

I really like the cover. Looks great!

deltay said...

D'Arcy is such a coolio name. And the cover looks really sweet too!

BTW, I noimated you for the "Your Blog is Awesome!" award over at: http://lucidconspiracy.blogspot.com/2009/03/fabulous-me-5.html