Sunday 1 March 2009

Sunday Special (7) Cover Battle

This is inspired by Jenny @ Wondrous Reads, I love her US vs UK posts so much that has to go looking for some. US left, UK one. Pick your favorite ^^


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Forever by Judy Blume


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Looking For Alaska by John Green


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Diving In by Kate Cann


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Memoirs Of A Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

My choices:
1. UK - it looks cute and reminds me of Lock and Key
2. A tie - the first close up is breathtaking while the font in the second one has  very nice effects.
3. US - love the snowglobe. Besides, the other one seems so gloomy.
4. UK - I prefer photograph.
5. UK - simply beautiful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

1) It both are so cute!
2) These are so difficult to choose between because they both have their good points.
3) US-the snowglobe looks more hopeful
4) UK-the picture is most definitely better!
5) US-I think it has more meaning to it, but that's just my opinion.

Sara

susan said...

First 2, I prefer the US and the UK for the others.

An aside, it is amazing to me how enduring Judy Blume's appeal is. I read her 30 years ago.

Diana Dang said...

Ooh, I'm actually reading Forever at the moment! Except the cover is different to the ones you have there.

Steph Su said...

Ever find those books where all the different covers are great and you just want to own a copy of each? That's how I feel like right now!

Bookworm said...

1) UK, definitely (right)....so much cuter!
2) I don't really like either....But then again I haven't read the book, either! (:
3) US...I love how simple yet amazing it is!
4) Hm....I'm not a big fan of either but I like the look of the picture way better
5) UK....so cute!

Great feature, it was fun! I love seeing all the international covers. (: