Wednesday 18 March 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (9)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


I need some fantasy read so I'm really attracted to this one - even though I just found it on Amazon this afternoon. Even though vampires never interest me, I'm a big fan of werewolves (well I don't know anything about them, but I really like how they howl lol). In addtion, a romance between human and something not-human is always cool, especially when it takes place in winter. I just hope that there'll be a happy ending.

Get ready for some Shiver on August 1st.


by the way, my dog is wagging on wed at Amy S King's blog so if you love me (or just don't have anything to do), get over there and say hi to him :)

10 comments:

Steph Su said...

Hmm, is this different from her Lament series?

Thao said...

^ I think so. I didn't find this book's description on her site though *shrugs*

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about this one before, but it sounds pretty good! I'll have to check it out when it's released.

Erika Powell said...

this sounds so good, i love the idea of the romance between the human and werewolf.

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Cute cover!

prophecygirl said...

I'm really excited about this one, and I love the cover!

Bookgeek said...

Loved Lament. Love the cover. Oh, so want this.

Lenore Appelhans said...

The cover is gorgeous and the story could be really good too!

Sadako said...

Ooh, this looks good. Very mysterious. I, too, love the cover.

Bookworm said...

Wow. Sounds cool! I LOVE the cover, so pretty and simple!