Sunday 6 September 2009

Sunday Special (30) Lovely Paperbacks & I Think I Start To Hate Twin Covers

This week I provided you guys two lists of the new and shiny 2010 books. Today, expressing some love for the reprints of the 2008/2009, let me show you some gorgeous paperback covers I came across on Amazon yesterday.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Adoration Of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson.
The Comeback Season by Jennifer E. Smith.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten.
Ten Cents A Dance by Christine Fletcher.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Paper Towns by John Green.
The Secret Life Of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti.



Lovely right? I just love how all of these covers appear to be peaceful and dreamy, especially Ten Cents A Dance. I don't think its cover fits the story very much since the whole thing was set in 1940 or something, but the chemistry between the couple is so cool. These will definitely make the readers debate if it's okay to have a second copy of the same book :)

Last time, in one of my SS post Prince Charming cover was compared with Flirting With Boys and now Prince Charming paperback couldn't escape either. Take a look.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
For Keeps by Natasha Friend.


This is a Tenner by Natasha Friend, a story of mother, daughter and their road to love. I really adore the picture, no wonder why it was picked twice to make a cover. Anyway, it's a little disturbing how both books look so alike...the designers could have at least added some effects to make his/her production stand out or just different :( Which one do you like? I like For Keeps cos of the letter layout and because I saw it first. Haha.



8 comments:

Aentee said...

Great finds, I particularly like the new covers for The Adoration of Jenna Fox and Paper Town.

a flight of minds said...

I really like these new covers for The Adoration of Jenna Fox and Wherever Nina Lies. Not too sure how much I like the cover for Ten Cents a Dance though. I prefer the hardcover. Thanks for sharing!

- Alex

Natascha De Marco said...

Great week! ^^

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

The covers for The Adoration of Jenna Fox and Wherever Nina Lies really got my attention! I'm almost considering buying another copy of Jenna Fox!

I really don't like Twin covers either. If at least they had changed the colors or cropping a little...

prophecygirl said...

I love that new Paper Towns cover, and Jenna Fox is one of my new faavourites! Amazing.

Diana Dang said...

Those are some nice covers!

Kelly said...

Ack! I hate it when that happens with covers. :(

btw, did you know on Goodreads our taste in books is 94% the same? :)

Bookworm said...

I hate repeat covers. Argh. I love the PB for Wherever Nina Lies, it's so cool, as is Ten Cents a Dance and Paper Towns. Wow! Not a fan of The Adoration of Jenna Fox...that cover just makes me think the book is weird.