Tuesday 1 September 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (29)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

The Life Of Glass by Jillian Cantor

Before he died, Melissa’s father told her about stars. He told her that the brightest stars weren’t always the most beautiful—that if people took the time to look at the smaller stars, if they looked with a telescope at the true essence of the star, they would find real beauty. But even though Melissa knows that beauty isn’t only skin deep, the people around her don’t seem to feel that way. There’s her gorgeous sister Ashley who will barely acknowledge Melissa at school, there's her best friend Ryan, who may be falling in love with the sophisticated Courtney, and there’s Melissa’s mother who’s dating someone new, someone who Melissa knows will never be able to replace her father.

To make sure she doesn’t lose her father completely, Melissa spends her time trying to piece together the last of his secrets and completing a journal her father began—one about love and relationships and the remarkable ways people find one another. But when tragedy strikes, Melissa has to start living and loving in the present, as she realizes that being beautiful on the outside doesn't mean you can't be beautiful on the inside.


The first thing of this book that caught my eyes was the cover (typically) but as soon as I read the synopsis it was when I couldn't get The Life Of Glass off my mind. I love books about self-appreciation and this one also has a kind of nostalgia about it. Last time I missed the chance to get my hands on Jillian's debut novel September Sisters so I really hope I'll be able to snag a copy of The Life Of Glass. I cannot stop staring at the gorgeous cover.


Learn more about The Life Of Glass on March 1st, 2010.

4 comments:

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

It does sound good! I like the cover, too. It's one to watch for!

Annie. said...

I like the sound of this book...I love books about self appreciation too. I hope it's well written...from the sound of it...it seems like a winner.

Thanks for the review babe.

Diana Dang said...

Seems like a lovely novel indeed :)

A Passion For Books said...

Good Pick! I can't wait to read this either and I love the cover.