Monday 23 November 2009

In My Mailbox (37)

Idea taken from The Story Siren

I got only one book this week, but it's fabulous one!!!



"I had no illusions about love... It came, it went, it left casualties or it didn't. People weren't meant to be together forever, regardless of what the songs say." Remy doesn't believe in love. And why should she? Her romance novelist mother is working on her fifth marriage, and her father, a '70s hippie singer, left her with only a one-hit wonder song to remember him by. Every time Remy hears "This Lullaby," it feels like "a bruise that never quite healed right." "Wherever you may go / I will let you down / But this lullaby plays on..." Never without a boyfriend, Remy is a compulsive dater, but before a guy can go all "Ken" on her (as in "ultra boyfriend behavior") she cuts him off, without ever getting close or getting hurt. That's why she's stunned when klutzy, quirky, alterna-band boy Dexter inserts himself into her life and refuses to leave. Remy's been accepted to Stanford, and she plans on having her usual summer fling before tying up the loose ends of her pre-college life and heading for the coast. Except Dexter's not following Remy's tried-and-true rules of break-up protocol. And for the first time, Remy's questioning whether or not she wants him to.


I just read and review this book on my blog (look at the post below) but my copy is the UK version. I love the cover of the US version too much I just have to get this one. And it's rare to see a Sarah Deseen book in bookstores here so I bought it without second thought. Pretty book hey?


What about you? What have you got last week? Spill!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this book & I agree, the cover is gorgeous! :D

Keri Mikulski said...

Love this one. :)

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Kelly[/url]