Wednesday 18 November 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (37)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

You Wish by Mandy Hubbard.

What if all your wishes really came true? Kayla McHenry’s sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla’s secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin’ do. Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink. My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year’s supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla’s wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend’s boyfriend.


Freaking cute book!!! I've not been able to tear my eyes off the book since I saw it, what a lovely one. Somehow the synopsis reminds me of 13 Going On 30 when the wishes all came true messed things up. I love how there are so many books on wishes these days. Well, hopefully 15-yea-old Kayla finds a way to deal with it all.


Be careful with what you wish for. But if you wish for a copy of this book on August 2rd, 2010, I don't think it may do any harm at all ;0

5 comments:

A Passion For Books said...

Great pick! Can't wait for this one either. And the cover is just too cute.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love Mandy!! Great cover!! Yay, Razorbill. :)

IceJewel said...

oh yes, I have seen the movie "13 going on 30" and I loved it.
I am sure I'll love this book too.
Very true.."Be careful with what you wish for" !

IceJewel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Wow, it does remind me of 13 Going on 30! :)