Sunday 10 May 2009

Sunday Special (15) How Come We Are So Alike?

Simply, because we're twin covers! Haha. More lookalikes for you to munch on, including three pairs of twins.

Idea taken from Pop Culture Junkie


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Secret Life Of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti.
Flirting With Boys by Hailey Abbott.

I so love this picture. It looks good on both covers don't you think? The pose of the couple is kind of strange, still it feels light and nice enough to capture attention. It's really hard to pick one but I'll go for Prince Charming because we gett to see more of the photograph and the orange header does a pretty good job of blending with the rest of the cover.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Fortunes Of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti.
Palms To The Ground by Amy Stolls.

Another Deb Caletti cover spotted as a twin of something else. Great shot too yeah? Once again I'll go for Deb book - it looks softer, nicer (more branches of trees and lighter colour you know). Also, don't you just dig the indigo background? So nostalgic and perfect for the title. I also like how her books got the same layout, when you put them together they make a cute collection.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
First Aid by Janet Davey.
Annie's Baby by Beatrice Sparks.

Annie's Baby made another appearance in Sunday Special Feature because I happened to come across a book that has same cover. Amazing how they both look so sad and gloomy, the blue scheme does make things sleepy and depressing hey? My choice would be First Aid. Like I said before I didn't like the girl's expression. Besides, I love head cut off covers.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Last Summer by Ann Brashares.
Cruel Summer by Alyson Noel.


Beautiful covers of the beautiful books. A little off topic but I so so so want to read these two. They look (and sound) so great!!! Anyway bout the similarities, can you spot some? Since their concepts are almost the same I bet you can tell loads, my favorite part is how they turn their back to us and look towards the ocean - seem pretty calm and peaceful.


Enough for today. Hopefully I'll spot more lookalike covers to show you next time.
Now, tell me your favorite!

7 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Hard decision. I like all four... I guess since it's almost summer, I'm feeling the beach covers. :)

Steph Su said...

Wow! Nice finds, Thao! I agree that I also like the Deb Caletti ones more; I like the title treatment, the block of color on the cover.

Chicklish said...

Ooh, great post! It's fascinating to see all these lookalike covers - and they all look great!

Bookworm said...

Crazy! Great job finding all those--it's so odd how the same stock photos are used over and over again!

Em said...

It's crazy that so many covers are alike! Oh, and thanks for commenting on my Sarah Dessen Challenge post. I think it's going to be so much fun to re-read all of her books! :)

Okie said...

Great post. I'm always intrigued by stark similarities between covers I see on the shelf. It's even more interesting to see exactly the same image reused. What does that say about creativity within the publishing world? Ouch.

Christina said...

The last summer of you and me is amazing!

Its deffinately in my top 10 favorite books of all time :]