Sunday 31 May 2009

Sunday Special (18) The Challenge That Completes June

This June holds the birthday of a really really great YA author, someone whose books capture the hearts of teenagers, not only ones in USA but all over the world. Her style of writing is amazing - simple, close to heart but still so profound. Her latest book is also coming out at the end of the same month. So who is she?

Well, you all are right. It's Sarah Dessen! :D I love her so much. She's such a great person. She's talented and she's also nice and kind, too. Even though I've only read The Truth About Forever, I'm already deeply in love with her writing. And I guess so are you. As you can see, there're so many celebrations in May-June for Sarah's birthday as well as Along For The Ride. One of them is that at The Sarah Dessen Diarist which features a lot of authors and bloggers' posts dedicated to Sarah. And another one, which I want to mention today, is Sarah Dessen Challenge hosted by Em @ Em's Bookshelf. The goal is to finish all of Sarah's books before June 30th, and in plus, spread the word and the love to whoever you can. So if you're interested, please head to Em's blog and sign up.

I myself couldn't enter so I joined the fun by making some buttons for the challenge. Here they are


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I think this challenge is nothing but awesome, hence, if you have time, make sure you don't miss it. The books will definitely satisfy your crave for excellent reads, especially in the summer. So what are you waiting for? RUSH to EM'S!!!!

Okay one thing before you go, because I'm a curious cat, please tell me your favorite Sarah Dessen book and why. You won't leave me dying in curiosity will you?

7 comments:

deltay said...

Wow, I really like those buttons! Well done. :)

Hmm, I haven't read that many of her books (yet), but I guess my favourite out of the ones I have read would probably be Lock and Key. The story line, the characters, the development... it was just all too awesome. And Nate was pretty yummy. ;) As were Cora and Jamie. :)

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Those buttons are awesome! I entered the challenge, but haven't posted it up yet, so I think I'm going to be using one of yours. I really like the stack of books.

I've read all of Sarah's book besdies Along for the Ride (which I'm counting down the days still), and it's very hard to pick a favorite, but I really love This Lullaby. Remy was such a different character from most of the ones she wrote. Although not so loveable at some points, she was straight to the point, and knew what she wanted. I liked the 'romance' to the story with Dexter who was her complete opposite. I actually can't say what else I love because it would give some stuff away, but it's one book you should check out!

Amber

nadine said...

How dare you ask such a question? They are all soo GOOOOODDDD!! I can't pick just one. But I've only read 3 so who knows. Maybe the rest will change my mind.
Your buttons are soo cute BTW.

prophecygirl said...

Those buttons are very cool! I love Sarah too, she is just brilliant. And so are her books! The Truth About Forever is still my favourite :)

Summer said...

I like them all. I have a signed copy of Lock and Key so I'll say that one.

Hillary said...

Those buttons are amazing! I made some too but they're not as great as yours. I haven't posted my mission statement yet, but I'll probably read them all by the end of July. I love all of Sarah's books and I'm really excited for Along for the Ride. It's going to be Great!

Dominique said...

great job on those buttons!
I really like Lock & Key and Just Listen ^.^