Wednesday 13 May 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (15)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr.

Samara Taylor used to believe in miracles. She used to believe in a lot of things. As a pastor's kid, it's hard not to buy in to the idea of the perfect family, a loving God, and amazing grace. But lately, Sam has a lot of reason to doubt. Her mother lands in rehab after a DUI and her father seems more interested in his congregation than his family. When a young girl in her small town is kidnapped, the local tragedy overlaps with Sam's personal one, and the already-worn thread of faith holding her together begins to unravel.

Three reasons why I can't wait for this book to come out:

1. The cover is so beautiful. If it captures the story well enough, I'm 100% sure I'm going to enjoy it to the max. Just look at that flower as an O - how creative.
2. Its Sara Zarr's "production". I've yet to pick up her books but I've heard from everyone that she's really great. And her books seem sad, which is just perfect for me.
3. Love the synopsis. It'll be nice to see a naive girl exploring the real world when things aren't so nice and pleasant.

Let the book save you from being lost on Oct 1st, 2008


p.s anyone likes the new header? i was so bored so i made one for a change. the bluish colour makes me feel good :)

4 comments:

Liviania said...

I like the new header.

prophecygirl said...

I love the cover of this book! And it sounds great :)

Yan said...

you always have such cute headers!

Busy Bookblogger said...

I like the new header too! And I am excited for this one as well, great cover! :)