Wednesday 27 May 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (17)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Ann Peters.

Dear
___mother
___father
___other

There was nothing you could do to stop me because:
___I’d already made up my mind
___I have been suffering my whole life
___ you were too slow to notice

I offed myself because:
___my life sucks
___the world sucks
___ you suck

Good-bye,
Daelyn

Reasons why I cannot wait to read this book any longer:
-1. It's about suicide. The subject is touchy and is now a big issue not only in teenagers' lives but adults too. I'd love to know more about this.
-2. The excerpt sounds very vague, hence I'm super duper curious. Seems like it's written in verse too (or it's just a way of how the girl writes in her diary?)
-3. Great title and very emotional cover. Such a perfect match.


By the time you have this book in hands, it'll be January 2010.

9 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Ooh now this sounds good. And the cover is lovely!

Jenna said...

Oooh! I love Julie Anne Peters, and this one looks like a good read.

Steph Su said...

I agree, this sounds good. Julie Anne Peters is a talented author when it comes to writing about difficult topics, and the cover is lovely.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I love when authors focus on difficult topics and this one sounds awesome. I really love the title and cover too. WHY IS IT SO FAR FROM NOWWWW? Okay, I'm being dramatic. Not too bad. hahah

-lauren

Summer said...

I want this book too! It sounds good. I love dark books even though they are sad

debbie said...

i like its cover hehe !!

Test said...

This looks so GOOD!! The cover is pretty as well. Though, why 2010?!?

Unknown said...

Whoa this one sound really great, sad, and all around interesting.

Marie said...

This sounds like depressing-awesomeness! you changed your lay-out since my blogging hiatus! super cute!!