Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (17)

Idea taken from Breaking The Spine

By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Ann Peters.

Dear
___mother
___father
___other

There was nothing you could do to stop me because:
___I’d already made up my mind
___I have been suffering my whole life
___ you were too slow to notice

I offed myself because:
___my life sucks
___the world sucks
___ you suck

Good-bye,
Daelyn

Reasons why I cannot wait to read this book any longer:
-1. It's about suicide. The subject is touchy and is now a big issue not only in teenagers' lives but adults too. I'd love to know more about this.
-2. The excerpt sounds very vague, hence I'm super duper curious. Seems like it's written in verse too (or it's just a way of how the girl writes in her diary?)
-3. Great title and very emotional cover. Such a perfect match.


By the time you have this book in hands, it'll be January 2010.

9 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Ooh now this sounds good. And the cover is lovely!

Jenna said...

Oooh! I love Julie Anne Peters, and this one looks like a good read.

Steph Su said...

I agree, this sounds good. Julie Anne Peters is a talented author when it comes to writing about difficult topics, and the cover is lovely.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I love when authors focus on difficult topics and this one sounds awesome. I really love the title and cover too. WHY IS IT SO FAR FROM NOWWWW? Okay, I'm being dramatic. Not too bad. hahah

-lauren

Summer said...

I want this book too! It sounds good. I love dark books even though they are sad

debbie said...

i like its cover hehe !!

Lauren said...

This looks so GOOD!! The cover is pretty as well. Though, why 2010?!?

robin_titan said...

Whoa this one sound really great, sad, and all around interesting.

cupcakewitch said...

This sounds like depressing-awesomeness! you changed your lay-out since my blogging hiatus! super cute!!